Thank you for choosing to view a property with Baker and Chase
Here are some quick tips if you’d like to rent a property through us.
- Affordability: Use our Affordability Calculator to assess your budget to see what rents are in your range.
- Keep an eye on our website at properties are typically listed here first before they go up onto the other property portals like Zoopla or Rightmove.
- Use the map/streetview tool to ensure the property and the location are suitable. Other useful resources are the virtual tour and floorplan.
- Make sure that everyone that needs to see the property in order to make a decision is available to see the property. The nature of the market often means good properties are not around for long. We will do our best to provide you with as much information regarding a property before a viewing, but we always feel it is best, if all key decision makers are present.
- Be prepared! We typically require 6 months’ bank statements, 6 months’ payslips, employer reference and previous landlord reference if applicable. A good credit rating is also very important!
What referencing do you carry out?
In order to pass our referencing criteria, we typically require the following information, feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Photo ID – copy of your valid passport.
- Visa documents if applicable.
- 6 months of up to date bank statements. This is so we can see your wages going in and your expenses going out. We can accept downloaded statements.
- 6 months of up to date payslips. (As a household you need to be earning 2.5x the amount of the yearly rent to qualify referencing.)
- If you are self employed we require 2 years of accounts/tax returns.
- We will carry out a credit check on all named tenants to ascertain whether you have any CCJs (County Court Judgements, Notices of Correction, Defaults, IVA, Bankruptcy or adverse credit history. We do not accept tenants who have any CCJs.
- We will contact your employer/accountant and if you are currently renting, your landlord for a reference. Please advise them to respond as soon as possible to avoid any delays in your referencing process.
Can I request any alterations to the property?
Please discuss any requests when you offer which must be in writing. Any requests submitted after your referencing has started may not be agreed.
What is the council tax band?
You can check this at https://www.gov.uk/council-tax-bands
What bills do I need to pay?
- You are responsible for paying council tax, gas (if applicable), electricity, water, TV license, digital TV (if you subscribe).
- The rent must be paid by standing order.
If you have any questions in regards to any of the information, please feel free to discuss with the lettings team.