The Baker and Chase way
If you’re thinking of buying, here’s a handy guide we’ve made so you can make sure you don’t lose out on your dream property.
- Register with us! If you are clear about what you want and in a position to make an offer, get in touch. We can recommend properties that best suit your needs, before they appear on other property websites.
- The more information you give us, the better so we can recommend the best properties. For instance, let us know if schools or certain local amenities are important to you.
- Make sure you are clear on associated costs, like removals, solicitors, surveys etc. Use our stamp duty calculator to factor that cost in as well.
- Keep your eyes peeled! Properties are typically sent to registered buyers first, uploaded to our website second and on the major portals last. Don’t forget to register with us!
- Don’t be shy. Please engage with us as the more we know about your search, the more likely we are to be able to make the right call or send the right email at the right time.
- If you require a mortgage, make sure you have an agreement / mortgage in principle. Use our mortgage calculator to help you, or contact us if you want a call back from one of our approved independent mortgage brokers.
- Give honest feedback. If we show you something that you don’t want to buy, let our agents know so we can amend your search criteria accordingly. We make this easy to do by simply replying to our follow-up email after viewing.
- Be prepared to make an offer – details matter! We will require proof that sufficient funds are available and/or in place to make an offer and will also need to confirm if you are in a chain. Again, the more we know, the easier we can make things for you.
- Offer accepted? Great! Now you’ll need a solicitor. If you require a local recommendation, we’d be happy to introduce you to one.
- We will then liaise with you, the seller, your solicitor and your finance provider to reach a successful conclusion.