Thank you for choosing to view a property with Baker and Chase.
Should you choose to proceed with a property, please see below FAQ’s
Permitted Tenant Fees & Charges:
- ‘The Rent’
‘The Rent’ is due as per the assured shorthold tenancy agreement. If the property is managed by Baker and Chase, the rent will be payable to us. Funds will then be sent to the landlord.
- ‘The Deposit’
Upon entering into a contract with the landlord the tenant must pay a refundable tenancy deposit which is payable to Baker and Chase. This deposit will be protected in a government backed scheme, details of which will be forwarded to you before the commencement of the tenancy.
- Tenancy Amendment Charges
Should the tenant require for any of the terms of the tenancy to be amended during the period of the agreement then this change is subject to mutual agreement from all parties and a charge of £60.00 Inc VAT which is payable to Baker and Chase.
- Early Termination Charges
If the tenant would like to end the tenancy before the end of the term and this is agreed between all parties, then the tenant is liable to cover costs lost by Baker & Chase. We are required to refund the Landlord fees for the period that the tenancy did not take place but where landlord had been charged. As this fee differs in most cases, we cannot give a figure, but this will be advised to you before you proceed with the termination of tenancy.
- Utility, TV License, Council Tax Charges
It is the tenant’s responsibility to ensure all utilities, TV Licenses and Council Tax are registered in your name for the duration of the tenancy and that they are paid in full and on time. Should it have been agreed prior to the commencement of the tenancy that any of the above charges are included in the rent or to be paid directly by the landlord, any additional payments you need to make are payable to Baker & Chase along with your monthly rent.
- Late Rent Payment Fee
As per the tenancy agreement the tenant will agree to pay £35.00 if the tenant is in arrears of any rent for more than 7 days. The charge will further be incurred and payable every 14 days for the period that any rent is overdue, for the purposes to cover administration charges for chasing the late payment(s). The tenant will also agree to pay interest on any payment of Rent not made as set out in the main terms of the Tenancy Agreement from the date on which the rent was due until the date on which the rent is paid. The interest rate will be calculated at a daily rate of 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate.
- Replacement of Key or Security Device Charge
Should the tenant find that their keys or security devices are lost or stolen during the term of the agreement they are welcome to arrange a replacement, providing agent/landlord are provided with a copy. Should the tenant require Baker and Chase to arrange the replacement of key/security devices then the full costs incurred will be passed on to the tenant. The cost will be confirmed with the tenant before any works proceed unless in the case of an emergency.
- Should the landlord decide not to proceed with the tenancy, the Holding Fee will be refunded unless the Landlords decision is as a result of you failing the referencing procedure or attempting to alter the initial terms of the proposed contract. All refunds will be subject to any administration fees charged for any status report already requested by us.
- The Holding Fee is taken in consideration of the landlord withdrawing the property from the market pending the signing of binding tenancy agreements between you. However, please note that this document does not form part of any agreement to rent the property and does guarantee that the let will proceed nor does obligate the Landlord to rent the property to you.
What referencing do you carry out?
We require certain documents which are,
- Photo ID – copy of your valid passport.
- Visa documents if applicable.
- 6 months of up to date bank statements. This is so we can see your wages going in and your expenses going out. We can accept downloaded statements.
- 6 months of up to date payslips. (As a household you need to be earning 2.5x the amount of the yearly rent to qualify referencing.)
- If you are self employed we require 2 years of accounts/tax returns.
- We will carry out a credit check on all named tenants to ascertain whether you have any CCJs (County Court Judgements, Notices of Correction, Defaults, IVA, Bankruptcy or adverse credit history. We do not accept tenants who have any CCJs.
- We will contact your employer/accountant and if you are currently renting, your landlord for a reference. Please advise them to respond as soon as possible to avoid any delays in your referencing process.
Can I request any alterations to the property?
- Please discuss any requests when you offer which must be in writing. Any requests submitted after your referencing has started may not be agreed.
What is the council tax band?
- You can check this at https://www.gov.uk/council-tax-bands
What bills do I need to pay?
- You are responsible for paying council tax, gas (if applicable), electricity, water, TV license, digital TV (if you subscribe).
- The rent must be paid by standing order.
If you have any questions in regards to any of the information, please feel free to discuss with the lettings team.